Pavement Design and Management
Safe and effective design and management of pavement is imperative for the daily use of roads and pavements within communities. At Tonkin Consulting, we specialise in delivering efficient and cost-effective transport solutions including pavement design and management to both government and private clients.
At Tonkin Consulting, we have a team specialising in developing transport assets and providing expertise in pavement design and management. Our multidisciplinary team has extensive experience in delivering transport solutions to clients including all tiers of government and private clients. We have a strong focus on delivering these projects in a cost-effective and timely manner.
At Tonkin Consulting, we have experience in the design of a range of pavements for roadways with varying levels of traffic and the interaction of different pathways. We provide concept and detailed design services for main carriageway alignments including grade separation and major signalised intersections. We develop solutions to allow local road access during construction and for the finished roadway. We provide engineering services for specialist pavement applications such as airfields and flexible/rigid pavements for industrial facilities.
- Major road design
- Flexible pavement design using Austroads Pavement Design Guide
- Bound pavement design using CIRCLY in accordance with Austroads Pavement Performance Assessment Design Guide
- Pavement rehabilitation and reseal design for local, collector and arterial roads (both urban and rural)
- Pavement management data collection, analysis and reporting for council road networks and advice on surface treatment selection
- Airfield pavements
- Main street upgrading and place making
- Rural road design
- Street lighting design
- Road and highway design
- Asset management
- Asset register development
- Service level determination
- Digitisation of pipe and road networks
- Unit rate reviews
- Capital works management and annual updates
- Treatment selection advice and specification
- Annual depreciation reporting
- 20 year forecast road renewal plans based on funding scenarios