Tonkin Consulting’s approach to infrastructure and utility services design provides innovative and cost effective solutions to develop sustainable communities. Our multidisciplinary team possess extensive knowledge and experience in urban and regional development and have a strong focus on adding value throughout the project process. With our multi-disciplinary team, we are able to provide clients with a full service approach that incorporates all aspects of a project.
Working with land developers, local governments, urban planners and state government agencies, we have extensive experience with both ‘green’ and ‘brown’ field development sites. Across both urban and regional landscapes, we provide services in planning, implementation and monitoring from inception throughout the project cycle.
Our experience and expertise cover a range of services including water supply, water treatment and septic tank effluent disposal, roads, traffic management, stormwater drainage, telecommunications, power and gas supply, while also offering specialist services for development projects.
Our team provides infrastructure design advice, civil engineering design services, environmental impact studies, development approval negotiations, and complete project management for subdividing.
- Infrastructure planning
- Master planning civil infrastructure and services
- Development assessment advice
- Flood assessment and advice
- Stormwater master plans
- Marina and waterfront developments
- Independent financier reporting and due diligence
- Contaminated site management
- Environmental site history
- Soil assessment and groundwater monitoring
- Contaminant fate and transport modeling
- Human health and ecological risk assessment
- Contamination management and remediation
- Soil and fill management plans
- Traffic and transport
- Traffic engineering and management
- Traffic impact assessment
- Transport planning
- Road safety audits
- Mobility plans to encourage pedestrian and cycle traffic
- Local area traffic management
- Water management
- Stormwater planning
- Harvesting and reuse collection
- Treatment and reuse schemes
- Water sensitive urban design
- Wastewater collection
- Treatment and disposal
- Wetland design
- Construction administration
- Environmental management
Sam has a wide range of experience in the delivery of infrastructure projects across civil, residential development, heavy industrial, transport, mining, water and wastewater industries. Sam excels in developing strong workplace relationships in a range of diverse environments, having worked throughout Australia in both urban and remote locations. Along with his relaxed style, he fosters a highly consultative approach which ensures workable solutions which meet a range of stakeholder and business needs. Sam is a Member of Engineers Australia and is an Associate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.