Working with Urban Designers and Landscapers, Hemisphere Design, Tonkin Consulting prepared plans for reconstructing ‘The Kingsway’. Originally a service road, the reconstruction transformed The Kingsway into a major thoroughfare and multifunctional space to be later extended to the showground fence line to accommodate a new major entry into the showground from the new railway station.
- Design new underground services, relocating electrical transformers.
- Design new block pavement including sections of hydra-pave to manage stormwater flows.
- Upgrade lighting.
- Design new stairs adjacent the Stirling Angus Building.
- Devise a new landscape plan retaining significant existing gum trees.
- Relocate toilet block.
- Contract and construction supervision.