Tonkin is a public works specialist with more than 65 years' experience. We are proud to be one of Australia's most respected multi-disciplinary consultancies.
Local government is a valued client of Tonkin and our multi-disciplinary capability allows us to deliver a range of projects, from simple to very complex scopes. We provide professional services to our metropolitan and regional Council clients from our offices across Australia.
We work closely with other specialists including surveyors, planners and urban designers to provide a 'one stop shop' for our clients.
Our capabilities include;
- Infrastructure planning and design
- Strategic advice
- Asset management including asset management plans, condition assessments and capital works plans
- Traffic engineering and transport planning
- Stormwater management including wetlands, pump stations and stormwater management plans
- Water management including recycled water and wastewater management
- Geotechnical engineering and pavement analysis
- Buildings and structures design and assessment
- Maritime and coastal process design and analysis
- Project management and contract superintendency
- Procurement and construction support
- Environmental management including compliance, contaminated land, waste transfer stations and landfill design and management
- Spatial consulting.
We provide the best advice and value to our local government clients and consider the whole of life cost of each project, which allows our Council clients to provide value to their local communities.
Tonkin understands the challenges faced by local government, including reporting requirements, time demands, community and stakeholder consultation, budget constraints, the political environment, safety and risk management. We work collaboratively to successfully deliver projects.