Planning transport services in a strategic manner allows for investment in road, rail and intermodal transport projects to be maximised. At Tonkin Consulting, we offer services across the lifecycle of transport projects. We have expertise in transport that is demonstrated through our involvement on a number of projects ranging from small-scale projects through to complex solutions.
At Tonkin Consulting, we offer a multi-disciplinary team with over 60 years of experience servicing a range of clients. We have built a reputation as provider of choice for several local government organisations. These relationships have proven to be pivotol in the successful delivery of complex infrastructure projects.
At Tonkin Consulting, we have developed a range of capabilities and services for the safe and efficient use of road and transport systems. Managing the competing demands of our road and transport networks continues to be a complex issue that governments and traffic and transport authorities face. We have developed sound working skills and experience in areas including road planning and design, road safety audits, traffic impact assessments and the integration of walking and cycling.
- Design for vulnerable road users
- Incorporating facilities into designs for those that are particularly vulnerable such as cyclists, pedestrians, children, the elderly and members of the community with mobility difficulties
- Cycling and walking plans
- Preparing strategic cycling and/or walking plans for metropolitan and rural Councils
- Road design and traffic management
- Traffic impact assessments
- Determine the affect that new developments will have on existing traffic conditions
- Local area traffic management
- Community and stakeholder consultation
- Intersection analysis/traffic signal modelling
- Intersection modelling to determine the need or justification for traffic signals
- Parking policy, control, access and management
- Advice on managemnet of parking control and layout, and the provision of property access
- Road safety audits and heavy vehicle route assessment
- Ranging from audits on concepts to detailed design and the existing road network
- Crash data analysis
- Provide information on geo-coded crash data, providing valuable input to the identification of black spots
- Business case development for transport assets