This statement sets out how Tonkin Consulting Pty Ltd (“Tonkin”) uses, discloses and protects any personal information that you provide or that we collect, when you use this website.
Collection of Personal Information
We may ask you to provide the following information:
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as preferences and interests.
We do not collect sensitive information about visitors to our website.
Tonkin may collect and store other personal information including:
- Information and data on your visitation and usage of this website,
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering for information on this website
- Information that you provide for the purpose of recruitment, employment, student work experience or graduate opportunities
By submitting your personal information, you agree to having your information collected and stored.
Use of Personal Information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including:
- Recruitment and employment opportunities
- To better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our services
- To circulate promotional information relating to our services, projects, events and news
- Undertaking research
- Contacting you regarding enquiries made on our website
- To customise the website according to your interests.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Tonkin may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law which may be in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a reasonable time. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any personal information found to be incorrect so that the personal information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
Storage and Security
Tonkin will take reasonable technical and operational care and precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. While Tonkin takes all reasonable care to protect your personal information, Tonkin takes no responsibility for external parties breaching security controls or measures.
Tonkin uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Errors and Omissions and No Warranties
The authors/creators of this website have placed information on the site with the reasonable belief that the information is correct. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. It does not constitute professional, technical, financial or other advice to any visitor to this site and must not be relied upon as such by any person whatsoever.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, neither Tonkin nor any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing the information or software available on this website will be held liable under contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise for any loss, damage or injury of whatsoever kind suffered or incurred by anyone arising out of access to or the use, reliance or misuse of or inability to use this website or its contents or Tonkin’s failure to provide access to any websites or information updates.
More specifically, but without limiting the generality of the above, Tonkin will not be held liable for any:
• interruption, communication-line failure or defect or delay in operation or transmission of this website or anything within;
• any computer or software virus on this website introduced or accessed by visitors or users; or
• theft, destruction, unauthorised use, alteration or access to any record, information or thing; arising from or in connection with the use of or access to this website or the contents within.
Amendments To This Policy